If you have an Apple TV, you can “cast” video from your Apple phone or tablet directly to your TV using AirPlay. All you need is:
iPhone 4 or later. iPhone 4s or later for AirPlay Mirroring.
iPad, iPad mini. iPad 2 or later for AirPlay Mirroring.
iPod touch (4th generation or later). iPod touch (5th generation or later) for AirPlay Mirroring.
1. Make sure your iOS device (one of the phones, tablets or iPods above) and your Apple TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. On your iOS device, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
3. Tap AirPlay.
4. Tap the name of the device you want to cast to. Your TV will be identified with a small icon of a television.
What’s the difference between AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring?
AirPlay means that any audio or video on your iOS device will be displayed on your TV screen. AirPlay mirroring will show the entire iOS screen of the connected device on your TV screen. Either will work for watching Beamafilm.
Android devices can also connect to Apple TV through AirPlay. AndroidCentral has an instructions on how to connect Android to AirPlay
Using Chromecast, you can “cast” video from computer or laptop directly to your TV. All you need is:
a television with a HDMI and USB port
and the Chromecast Device, which you can purchase from tech stores for between $39-$59, depending on the model
First of all, make sure your Chromecast is set up according to Google’s Instructions.
Cast from Laptop/Computer:
1. If you don’t already have it, download the Google Chrome web browser. Then, use it to download the Google Cast Web Extension. Once installed, a new icon will be displayed in the top-right corner of your browser.
2. Make sure your TV is on, and plug your Chromecast into the HDMI port. Connect the Chromecast’s power supply to the USB port. (Your Chromecast should come with detailed instructions).
3. Open Beamafilm on the Google Chrome web browser and choose a film.
4. Click on the Cast Extension in your browser’s top-right corner, and choose your Chromecast.
Using a HDMI cable, you can connect your laptop to your television so that you can view content from your laptop on your T.V. All you need is:
A television with a HDMI port
A HDMI cable (can be purchased online and at all tech stores)
1. Plug your HDMI cable into your laptop, and then onto the HDMI port on your TV.
2. Select the HDMI input on your TV with the remote (Usually the “Source” button).
3. You should now see and hear everything on your laptop on your television.